Amazon Echo at the #IoTDinner on the 28th June 2016
With us focusing on the future of the UX at the #IoTDinner on the 28th June it only makes sense we have a demonstration of Amazon Echo in addition to our planned speaker from Samsung’s Innovation Department.
If you are not yet familiar with Amazon Echo then let me explain. Amazon Echo is a hands-free speaker you control with your voice. Echo connects to the Alexa Voice Service to play music, provide information, news, sports scores, weather, and more—instantly. All you have to do is ask.
Echo has seven microphones and beam forming technology so it can hear you from across the room—even while music is playing. Echo is also an expertly tuned speaker that can fill any room with 360° immersive sound. When you want to use Echo, just say the wake word “Alexa” and Echo responds instantly. If you have more than one Echo or Echo Dot, you can set a different wake word for each—you can pick “Amazon”, “Alexa” or “Echo” as the wake word.
- Plays all your music from Prime Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, TuneIn, and more using just your voice
- Fills the room with immersive, 360º omni-directional audio
- Allows hands-free convenience with voice-control
- Hears you from across the room with far-field voice recognition, even while music is playing
- Answers questions, reads audiobooks and the news, reports traffic and weather, gives info on local businesses, provides sports scores and schedules, and more using the Alexa Voice Service
- Controls lights, switches, and thermostats with compatible WeMo, Philips Hue, Samsung SmartThings, Wink, Insteon, Nest, and ecobee smart home devices
- Always getting smarter and adding new features and skills–over 1,000 added since launch, including Domino’s and Uber
In partnership with Kazendi, we will be treated to a one hour presentation around their Amazon Echo prototype for Unilever and explain the user experience of zero interface interaction.